Monday, August 4, 2008

Have you heard of Rusty Bryant?

Honestly, you probably have not. But that's okay. The fine contributors over at My Favourite Sound, who always have outstanding posts, have just put up a couple of Bryant sides that are so good I had to post about them.

I really can't say enough about the album "Fire Eater" that Jazzypier just posted over there. Bryant is a titan on tenor, the little recorded and a bit Melvin Sparksian guitarist Wilber Longmire leaves one wondering just why more people didn't record him, and Idris Muhammad delivers one of the most inspired performances I've ever heard from him, he's hitting hard.

Go check it out for yoself!

1 comment:

MFS Equipe ♪ said...

Thank u B3...!!! So much.
Let me only say that Rusty Bryant & Co. was a musical bomb.
Thank u for this reference...Roots are Roots!
Peace & Blessings!
Pier